One of the most popular Chinese snacks that people live these days is spring rolls. The spicy filling and the crispy covering of the spring rolls are an all-time favorite at parties. As starters, one must have enjoyed these popular snacks at restaurants, cafes, and parties.
However, these snacks have a Chinese touch due to their dough cover primarily used in East Asia to make deep-fried rolls. Also, in East Asia, the rolls are made with meat filling. Here in India, spring rolls have taken a domestic route by adding vegetables instead of meat.
In the beginning, it may look like it is a difficult thing to make at home. But, that is not the truth. One can easily make these rolls at home with some of the easy to get ingredients. One needs some vegetables, noodles, spring roll sheets, some best tomato ketchup in India, and other sauces to add flavor.
– Spring roll sheets – 10 sheets
– Flour and water mixture
– Thinly chopped ginger – 1 tablespoon
– Thinly chopped garlic – 2 tablespoon
– Grated vegetables- carrots, capsicum, cabbage – 1 cup each
– Finely chopped onion- ½ cup
– Boiled Hakka noodles- ½ cup
– Tomato sauce
– Schezwan sauce
– Oil for frying
Prepping the filling
There are the steps that one needs to follow to make the filling of the spring rolls.
- Take a heavy bottom pan and add oil to it for sautéing the vegetables and noodles.
- After the oil gets hot, add the ginger and garlic to the pan. Sauté them both till there is no raw smell to it.
- Now add the vegetables to the pan and cook for some time on low heat.
- After the vegetables are well cooked, increase the flame and add the noodles. This will give a nice smoky flavor to the mix.
- Add salt, pepper, Schezwan sauce, and tomato ketchup by best tomato sauce manufacturers to the mix.
- Stir well and keep it aside.
Prepping the rolls
Follow these steps to prepare the rolls to be fried in hot oil.
- There are ten rolling sheets; therefore, divide the filling into ten portions.
- Take one sheet and place it on a dry and clean surface so that it is easy to fold.
- Take one portion of the spring roll filling and place it on the sheet. Keep the filling on one of the corners too easy to roll.
- Roll the sheet slowly till 1/4th of the sheet is left.
- Now wrap both the top and bottom ends inside and then roll the rest of the sheet to create a compact spring roll.
- Seal the ends of the sheet with flour and water mixture.
- Repeat the steps nine more times to make ten spring rolls in total.
- Heat oil in the pan for deep frying. One can air fry the rolls as well.
- After frying the rolls, place them kitchen towel to drain the excess oil.
One can easily shape these spring rolls in diagonal cuts and serve hot with some schezwan and tomato sauce by Madhav Fresh Foods.